With passover starting, I realized that I was going to need to make A LOT of food since I couldn’t just make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and call it a day. I decided the first recipe I would try was my mom’s Matzoh Apple pudding. While I have eaten this plenty of times, for me, this was a new recipe to actually make.
7 apples (Macintosh)
1 ½ c raisins
4 t cinnamon
½ t salt
Dash of nutmeg
1 ½ t lemon rind
1 ½ c firmly packed brown sugar
8 T melted cooking fat (I used butter)
1. Soak matzos until soft. Press out as much of water as possible.
2. Pare and cut apples in small pieces.
3. Mix together the apples, raisins, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and lemon rind, matzos, sugar and melted fat.
4. Add eggs to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour into a greased 9×13 casserole
6. Bake in moderate oven 350 until brown and apples are tender-I let mine bake for about 60 minutes.